27 Mar 10 Innovative Ways To Showcase Your Book and Art Collection
There is no denial to the fact that a thoughtful display of well-chosen artworks is an easy and sure shoot way to transform the look and feel of an ordinary home into an awe-inspiring place. Be it an original contemporary art, intriguing abstract art, fine art-prints, art photographs or even a personal Polaroid collection, artistically display of carefully-chosen artworks is a quick and efficient way to spice up the interiors of any given space.
You must have observed that most of the art collectors have an inclination towards literature, so much so, that they are also fond of collecting books. Artworks and books are alter ego– they complete each other. Often, having them around is comforting. Finding innovative ways to showcase your collection of artworks and books in a sophisticated manner not only provides you the chance to revive the aesthetical appeal of your home, but also help you rekindle with long-forgotten sources of creative stimulation. Read on the article for some effortless, yet artful ways to showcase our art and book collection, while augmenting the decor of your home.
- If the architect of your living space permits, we recommend install floor-to-ceiling shelves to arrange a collection of books. You can either hang contemporaryart or place interesting pieces of mini sculptures to adjacent to the books to make a statement.
- Are you gearing up to buy artworks, but don’t really know where to place them? If yes, then we suggest placing/hanging sculptures and paintings adjacent to bookstands. This will not only add visual interest to the entire set-up, but will also break up the monotony caused by placement of various books.
- One of the most effective methods to showcase a large collection of books is arranging them in freestanding bookcases. In addition to accommodating all the books, these shelves will provide ample space on top where you can display your most admired artworks.
4. If you can afford spending some extra bucks on storage shelves, then consider buying a sculptural bookcase that doubles up as an ornamental piece.
- Most of us have that out-of-date/fashion suitcase that has been passed on from one generation to another. If you too have one, then don’t put it up in the attic. Rather renovate it and use it for storing books creatively. You can buy contemporary art paintings and sculptures and arrange them around the suitcase. You can also some trinkets to create an inspiring setup.
- If you are the creative sort who likes to be innovative and love making things, then try your hands at creating a gallery shelf of books to display some of your favorite books and original artworks. While creating the shelf, ensure that the books are stacked carefully.
- Arrange your books so that they look like sculptural stacks and complement original art and photographs from your art collection. You can use the arrangement to exhibit unique objects, sculptures or even plants and save a little space along the way.
- Make your home cozy and comfortable by introducing built in bookshelves around your favorite reading corner. You can consider displaying apainting or sculpture at the shelves to break the monotony.
- Complement your minimalist-styled bookshelf with an oversized framed contemporary art to make a bold, yet elegant statement.
- If you think that book ledges provide a great way to show off your favorite books, think again. Book ledges serve double purpose. They can also be used to display small books, sculptures and paintings.
By now, you must have realized that showcasing your collection of books and artworks together can amplify the overall aesthetical appeal of your home. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, mix and match to create your own inspiring combos.