18 Feb 5 Key Elements To Consider Before Starting Your eCommerce Web Design Project
Commencing a web design project is always exciting as you anticipate improving both the look and the performance of your website. However, it may also be overwhelming sometimes if you are not prepared. There’s some stuff you must know before you kick-start your eCommerce web design project.
The web design company you’re hiring will spearhead the design and development of your site. But, to carry out all the things effectively, they will be depending on the basic information about your company, your business, your website needs and goals, and information like the text and graphics you will be using in your website. Preparing this information ahead of time can help you enjoy a smoother and a more efficient process.
The first step is to find the efficient and really good Magento Web Design Services that deliver best results in the given timeframe. Here’s a brief list of things you need to know before starting any eCommerce project. In order to build an eCommerce site, you must first understand your customers’ psychology. E-commerce web design should engage customers and provide them an interface that make it easy to buy from your website.
In this article, I am going to discuss five key elements of E-Commerce web design that you can’t ignore in order to make your website successful:
- Selecting an eCommerce Platform: The performance of your eCommerce store largely depends on the platform it is built on. The eCommerce platform consists of the software such as Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce or others in addition to the infrastructure selected to run that software. The software you choose is based on your customer’s shopping experience goals. If your online store needs an option to configure individual products but your ecommerce platform doesn’t support it, you will not be able to offer the experience you’ve planned. At the same time, running a heavy eCommerce platform filled with resources or under-performing hardware will lead to a losing proposition as your customers will bounce because of slow loading pages.
- Well-Written eCommerce Strategy: Having a well-crafted eCommerce strategy can help you save from making mistakes and getting off-target from your desired goals and objectives. This plan doesn’t have to be long and complex, but it should be put together keeping in mind the following points:
- Understand your market
- Multiple channels where you can promote your business
- Integrate your customers’ shopping experience
- Prepare a content management plan
- How you will deal with Content, Pricing & inventory, Logistics, Payment & refund/returns, Service & support, Security & PCI Compliance
- Easy-to-use purchase process
- Consider local requirements like currencies and languages
- Consider customer relationship management and customization
- Select a scalable eCommerce platform
- Marketing campaigns and requirements
- Preparing a social media plan
- Prepare a mobile commerce plan
- Creating a User-Friendly Space: For any eCommerce website, user-centric design is the paramount when it comes to Addtocart and checkout pages. Important things like image placement, colour selection, text alignment, and even proper navigation will engage your website visitors and further lead them to the shopping process. If executed correctly, your website will lead to the next level, while also express and spread the uniqueness of your brand.
- Focus On Responsive Web Design: Having a responsive web design for your online store enables eCommerce operators to design a single site that displays differently on various devices, an approach that saves resources by reusing content and images. This also helps you offer your customers a consistent visual and content experience across desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
- eCommerce Marketing Strategy: The most challenging task while developing and running an online store is not just setting it up, but how to market and promote it. There are number of marketing ways from SEO, PPC, social media, and even Youtube videos. Having a rocking eCommerce strategy is crucial to succeed in online business, but what’s more important is that you need to maintain a balance between your various marketing strategies.
Concluding, building an entire eCommerce web design or adopting a new eCommerce platform is not at all, a piece of cake. While most of the business owners have this misconception that it’s all about finding the best solution available in the market, and the rest will fall in place. On the contrary, no matter how big the solution is, the success depends on how you strategise its implementation and marketing.