13 Jun 5 Things You Need To Know About Social Security Disability Process
If you want to win your disability claim case, it is prudent to understand the entire process. By understanding every stage, you can be prepared for it.
Mirian Law Firm, in this article outlines the seven stage process that every claimant of Social Security benefits must understand. In these stages, the firm demonstrates how Toronto disability insurance lawyers work to ensure your case goes through successfully.
Applying for Social Security Disability
This is the first stage that every person must start with before anything else. Though anybody can file the claims at the Social Security Administration Offices, good disability insurance lawyer Toronto will advise you to use the best attorney.
- Lawyers have been in the same process and understand what works and what does not
- They set the legal process on the right foot from the beginning which raises chances of winning the compensation.
Verification by Social Security Field Officer
Once a complete application has been filed, Social Security verification officers have to ascertain that all the details are correct. Your attorney does this with top notch precision so that the next stage can be commenced immediately. The verification process includes;
- Marital status
- Are you covered by Social Security
Review at DDS (Disability Determination Services)
Once your details have been verified, they are sent to DDS for further verification. Here, all the medical records from doctors and previous treatments are checked and consultative examination completed.
- DDS evaluates to establish there is adequate information about the disability
- Carries a physical examination to establish the need for disability compensation consideration.
- DDS sends the file back to field verification office if you are found disabled. He will also send it back if no disability is found.
Toronto disability cover attorneys are careful to ensure that all your medical records and other supportive detail are in order.
Social Security Field Officer Disability Compensation Evaluation
If DDS establishes that you are disabled and need to get compensation, the social security field officer is required to immediately start calculation on amount of compensation to award. However, if DDS did not recommend compensation, the field officer will hold the file and wait for possible appeal.
If the disability compensation is declined;
- The disability cover attorney Toronto will help you gather all the details and file an appeal.
- In case you had filed for compensation without assistance o an attorney, you can consider contacting a lawyer at this point for another trial.
Representation at the Appeal
Toronto injury cover attorneys explain that the main reason for not failing to get awarded is poor presentation. When preparing for appeal, the disability attorney brings all their expertise to establish what might have gone wrong.
- They compare past cases and establish the missing links
- They review your presentation at DDS. They will demonstrate the best way to convince the doctors about your case.
- Disability cover attorney Toronto will tell you what additional documents and information you need to add to get compensation approved.
The most important thing about disability cover appeal is that they do not leave you alone. They walk with you in every step until the last minute.