20 Apr Why You Should Make Car Insurance A Priority
There are so many things we do to ensure our car travel is smooth and safe. We ensure the vehicle is checked from time to time, we drive carefully without over-speeding or making rash turns, we keep it well maintained and we even use lemons and chillies as a good luck charm! But did you know that just as important you consider these items and rituals to be, you should also consider getting good, reliable and economic car insurance with equal importance?
There are a few reasons why you should consider spending a good amount of time selecting the right car insurance for yourself, whether you are a first time insurance buyer or looking to renew your policy.
- In India, like in many other parts of the world, car insurance is a mandatory cover that all people must own. So when you buy your car, you will find that you get a host of accessories, services and other additional items thrown into the bargain, car insurance being one of them.
- The reason why car insurance is necessary is because it protects you from spending a large amount of money in repairing or replacing your car should it suffer any misfortune, such as it gets damaged during an accident, it gets vandalised or stolen, it gets hit by some natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods or lightning, if it catches fire, etc. When you have provided satisfactory proof and details to the insurance company, they will provide you the claim amount according to the type of policy you have and the cover amount.
- Car insurance providers also offer a range of ad-hoc services, such as roadside assistance should you get stranded, towing services, emergency fuel provision, assistance should get locked out of your car or lose your key, certain kinds of minor repairs to get your car moving or in good shape, travel backup options should you not be able to use your car anymore, etc.
- Apart from keeping your vehicle insured for your protection, it is also necessary to get a third party insurance cover in place because the Indian Government has made this cover mandatory too. It basically implies that your insurance cover will take care of any personal or material damages caused by you to a third party in an accident, or even in case of their death.
- The better records you maintain about making claims or using your car, the better risk you will be considered by insurance companies and thus, you can qualify for a good car insurance cover amount for very reasonable prices.
There are several car insurance companies that offer a range of other benefits like cashless transactions in emergencies and online renewal, where possible. Choose your provider carefully and remain secure on the road always.