08 Dec Points To Consider When Buying A Label Machine For Your Business
You have produced your product and now you need to affix an attractive and informative label that catches the interest of consumers. If you invest in a label machine that has some of the features listed below, you can attach the labels in a very efficient automated manner. You’ll find a variety of machines available on the market that will do exactly what you need done to your product before it’s shipped off to market. As you make a list of the features you need, consider some of the points listed below so that you’ll be sure to buy the right piece of equipment for your specific needs.
- Keep in mind the flexibility that you will need to label your products. What area of your product will you need labelled? Labelling machines can affix labels to the front or back, top or bottom, and some can even wrap them around smaller items.
- How fast will you need the machine to work on your production line? Depending on the size and shape of your product you may want to explore machines that can apply labels at a speed of 2,400 inches per minute.
- You may also need a machine that has easy set up and a quick changeover facility if your production lines frequently change according to the items ordered by your clients.
- Keep in mind the width of the labels you will use, the shape of your product, and the material to which the labels will be affixed. The heads of your labelling machine must be able to accommodate various sizes to make this investment worth your while.
- You should also consider the flexibility of the labels that you will be using as well as the application that your product requires. Will you be using 0.5 inch labels, those that are larger, or labels that are very long. Where will you want the label to be located and what type of materials will your labels be made from?
- The labelling machine that you buy should be user-friendly, and be very easy to adjust when a change is needed. Think about job memory, durability, software, and upgrades that may need to be made as your product line changes. Will you need batch counting, a display of where in the job your labelling machine is, or will your machine need to track any products that are missed in the run? Consider some of the needs that your company has so that you can discuss functional features with an experienced sales representative who can guide you to the right labelling machine for your business.
- Finally, consider that you will need precisely placed labels exactly where you want them for customer convenience. Can the labelling machine that you are thinking about buying put the labels where you need them and keep track of any that don’t attach properly? Make sure that the labelling machine that you buy makes your product come off the production line ready to be sent directly to market.